Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Biking with Style

Though my husband is an avid cyclist, I only hop on my bike to head to brunch or some other similar (and fairly close-by) location.  Still, I can guarantee that I never look as chic as this young woman.  My husband once told me I looked like a tourist on my bike in my shorts, tank top and, yes, tennis shoes.  In my defense, we had just arrived in Philadelphia and most of my clothes and shoes options were in boxes en route from Portland.  

Ever since that comment, I am paranoid about my biking outfits, though I feel limited by my sense of decency.  I would love to throw on a chic dress to pedal, but I don't like to expose myself to pedestrians and drivers.  I think I might need to invest in my first pair of spandex shorts since my middle-school volleyball career ended.  

Photo Credit: Sartorialist

1 comment:

  1. That woman looks very chic but I agree too.. that outfit is not very practical for bike riding!!! Maybe a cute romper would be the perfect thing to wear on a bike - a good compromise between a cute summer dress and shorts :)

    I'm happy to hear you're taking some of my suggestions for your day trip to NY! I hope you enjoy all the food!

    ReplyDelete