Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Golden Globes Glam

The Golden Globes marks the beginning of awards season! This means that there will be red carpets galore in the upcoming months, with plenty of opportunities to drool over fab frocks. I know I am a couple days behind on the Golden Globes, but there were too many lovely dresses to ignore!

I have been watching Damages Season 1, so Rose Byrne is high on my radar and she certainly stood out in the sea of pinky-beige with this stunning gown by Lanvin. I love the detailing at the waist.


Ginnifer Goodwin's dress wowed on the red carpet, as well, and I love that she went with a short dress. The royal blue of her dress and her flawless makeup made her eyes stand out.


At first glance, I was not so sure about Marion Cotillard's gown. But, the more I looked, the more I liked. In particular, the color is fabulous and her hair and makeup are perfection!


She looks like a Grecian goddess with perfectly tousled locks. The geometric patterns on the bodice are incredibly figure flattering, although she really doesn't need help in that area, anyway!

Chloe Sevigny is perpetually able to pull-off gowns that are more fashion-forward than crowd-pleasers. This gown has just enough color not to blend into her skin and she made a wise choice with the sleek hair that doesn't compete with the folds of the dress.

All in all it was a glamorous night. I wish I had an occasion that called for a fancy dress, but with school and my internship, I am on a jeans and pencil skirt regimen. Not nearly as exciting. Who were your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment