Thursday, August 13, 2009

Oh, Really?


Would you trust this man's fashion advice? Well, apparently he thinks he has something to teach young women with regards to fashion. Perez Hilton of the gossip site fame is launching Coco Perez, a style website targeted at 20 something females. I have to say that I am not a fan, which is why I am not linking to it. I don't know what he possibly thinks he can contribute to the fashion world. According to this interview with Shine.com, he already seems to think he is going to be bigger than Vogue and that Anna Wintour should fear him...and that he is entitled to front row seats at fashion week. Not effing likely. This clown pretty much hates women, as evidenced from many of his blog posts (Jezebel does a good job of dissecting this phenomenon), so why he would try to cater to this demographic is beyond me.

I'm not saying that everyone who writes about fashion has to have an academic background in fashion, or even be the most stylish person out there - I wouldn't qualify if that was the criteria. But, Perez Hilton dresses like an ass most of the time and is disrespectful to women and in my book that doesn't mean that he has any rights to any respect in the fashion world. So, for him to try to waltz on in and tower over the industry's greats and have such a sense of entitlement is ludicrous.

Obviously I am a little (or a lot) disturbed by this newest development. Will you be following his new site?

No comments:

Post a Comment