Friday, December 25, 2009

Holi-Daze

Philly had a huge snowstorm last weekend. We made a snowman with the help of our landlord's little daughter who is so cute and smart. 'Herb the snowman' looks a little demonic because we had to use radishes for eyes. Unfortunately our snowman is more of a puddle today, but we almost had a white Christmas.

I had to work until 2 o'clock yesterday at my internship, but now I am free for 10 days! We started our Christmas break with cioppino last and garlic bread last night. This morning we lounged in pajamas with coffee and Bailey's while opening gifts. I got some lovely clothes for work from my parents and older sister and lovely baubles and BlueMercury gift certificate from my husband.

I received one of my gifts early because of the snowstorm last week: Uggs. Okay, but not the normal Uggs - they are a leather almost motorcycle-boot version. They have been a lifesaver this past week trudging through snow.

I am in a food coma because of a large breakfast, leftover cioppino for lunch and plenty of chocolates and wine. However, one I come out of this daze, I will take and post photos of my new favorite things.

Hope everyone is having a lovely holiday, or if you do not celebrate Christmas, then I hope you are having a lovely day anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment