Saturday, October 17, 2009

27 and Counting...


On Monday I turned 27, which means I am now in my late twenties...I think I am okay with that. I feel very grown-up, actually, so it's probably a good year to graduate from law school. To celebrate, my husband and I went out to dinner at Supper, conveniently located a block away from our place. Prior to heading out, we took advantage of a new outfit, bag and the good lighting and took some photos.




I assure you, my chihuahua does not normally spend him time outdoors being carried in a bag. He is much more of a 'paws on the ground wreaking havoc' kind of guy. He just happened to fit in the bag, the first of my purses he could actually ride in, so it's more of a joke than a daily occurrence.

The bag is a 'vegan leather' carry-all by Shiraleah. I found it randomly at a small shop that we went to just to pick up chocolates and cut-flowers. It works perfectly as an alternative to my regular school bag, fitting my lap top and large legal tomes. Because it is a polyurethane blend, rain simply beads off of it, unlike leather, which would be devastated by Philly's inclement weather. There were several more neutral colors available, however, as I tend to gravitate towards a neutral palette in my outfits, I opted for the bright raspberry shade and it has been a fantastic offset the blacks, grays and browns that I don almost daily.

As for dinner, it was a tasty mix of small plates enjoyed in the company of our hilarious neighbor, who reminds me of my mom in best of ways. Had I not been 3 sheets to the wind, I might have remembered to take photos of the food or bugged my husband to do so for me, but as it was two cocktails later I was too giddy to be bothered with the details. All in all a fine birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment