Thursday, April 9, 2009

Style Crush: Audrey Tautou

I adore everything about Ms. Tautou in this photo.  She keeps a floral and feminine dress from being too sweet by pairing it with a sleek leather jacket and substantial heels.  She seems to have an innate sense of proportions and balance whenever I see photos of her and this is no exception.  


I cannot wait for the Coco Chanel biopic in which she stars to premiere in the states.  The preview looks fantastic, even without understanding French!  I was horrified by the Shirley MacLaine made-for -tv version and this appears set to blow it out of the water.  Unfortunately, I have been unable to find a date for when we might expect it stateside, though when it does get released here I sincerely hope that it is subtitled and not dubbed.  As much as I love the kitsch factor in old kung-fu movies where the words do not match the moving mouth, bad dubbing irks me in any other genre.  Though, honestly, I probably do not need to know exactly what is being said as long as I am staring at the outfits on the screen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment